Tuesday, April 17, 2007

entering to be festive all


April 12, 2007

I find it is the starlet bell blossoming at the end of the stem and not the head of another person that presents the greatest challenge for me

How say that body language of any car approaching

should I not use the competitive nature of my students to gain their engagement?

I avoid the post office

It is not the language collision I fear but perhaps what really wants to be said between us is the true barrier and we want to say it without words, I mean sounds,

I want to say you white lotus lily atop branchlet
When my eyes first stuck against you the unfettered wick has now split open into onion

How say that capturing of growth?

Yellow powder dust my bare feet
They glide with ease over warming floorboards

It is not the language derision I fear but the absence for want of discovery of barriers

How say that body language of Namdaemun open market laughter

In your tiny patch grassland forest somehow you rebloom after one fall


lotus lilly rising


Sungnyemun gate

White boats floating atop
enduring blades of grass

Japanese cherry trees (Yoshino Cherry slightly fragrant with pink or white flowers---Akebono Cherry soft pink single flowers---Sargent Cherry rich, polished reddish bar---Accolade Cherry semi double petals with a deep rose pink bud opening to blush pink---Mt. Fuji Cherry large white blossoms covering widely spreading branches---Okame Cherry pink, single flowers and fine fall foliage---Rosy Cloud Cherry large double blossoms that are deep pink color---Weeping Cherry dramatic boughs drape to the ground---Autumn Flowering Cherry semi double (10 petal) pink flowers, nearly an inch in diameter---Usuzumi Cherry grown from propogations taken from the 1,400 year-old "usuzumi" tree growing in the village of Neo in Gifu Prefecture, Japan) , meet the Korean Sakura cherry tree

1 comment:

poet CAConrad said...

Karen, ethics and wonder abound!

Glad you're exploring this with us so openly, thanks.

There was this haiku poet in the Philly area many years ago (he's now buried near Walt Whitman over in Camden) named Nick Virgilio. His gravestone is a granite podium with a granite book opened to his most famous haiku:

water lily
out of the water
out of itself

Hope you keep writing in your blog and don't lose interest like so many people do!

CAConrad
PhillySound